Thursday, June 20, 2019

Will Our Pets Be in Heaven?

Many years ago I was visiting a member in her trailer home. She was homebound and in a wheel chair so I would regularly bring her communion. One day she asked if our pets would be with us in heaven. As I started to answer, I looked up and saw on a shelf five urns that held the remains of her five beloved dogs that had passed away. I knew this wasn’t the answer she wanted, but it was the only one I can possibly give: We just don’t know. The Bible tells us many things, but there are also many things it doesn’t tell us. It is not right to make up things about God without His word to back it up. That being said, the Bible does speak of heaven as a “new heaven and a new earth.” If God created this earth with plants and animals as well as human beings, I don’t know why He wouldn’t include plants and animals in the new heaven and earth. 

No comments: