Thursday, March 31, 2011

Staying Awake in the Afternoon!

Do you ever have trouble staying alert and focused in the afternoon? I sure do.

My old remedy was to drink a diet coke, but that never seemed to do any good. Here two things that really work for me.

1. Get up and do some exercises for a few minutes every hour or so. I march in place lifting my knees as high as I can or run up and down the stairs in our building a couple of times.

2. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I've read that this works for either tea or coffee drinkers. Drink a little grapefruit juice with your tea (or I guess with your coffee, yuck!). Apparently there are some chemicals in grapefruit juice that inhibit the body's metabolism of caffeine. The caffeine circulates longer and has a greater impact.

No comments: