Friday, June 25, 2010
Doing What is Right
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6.33).
1. Seek to know what is right in all things...
2. Learn what is right according to natural law... Look it up. Do your homework. Don't just guess. God gave you a brain.
3. Learn of and believe in the righteousness in Christ... Knowing what is right and doing what is right are two different things. Christ has done it. He alone cures that broken soul inside of us through forgiveness. A soul revived and realigned with God cannot be defeated by evil. All we need will be provided.
4. Hold fast to your King by meditating on all that He has said and staying connected to Him in the communion of saints.
5. Strive to live righteously in all things not because this will save you (Christ has done this), but because it help to save others as they discover Jesus through you and become a part of God's kingdom.